Thursday

non-turkey day

i'm so pumped about hosting my 1st holiday ever that i actually have a written menu. yes, already. yes, me, the non-listmaker.

i also have the chicken (no turkey for this crowd) purchased and in the freezer, i've baked down two pumpkins and pureed them (now also in the freezer), i've sliced and seasoned (then frozen) all the apples for the apple pies, and i've chopped and frozen all the bread (olive/walnut, mmm) that i will use for stuffing. i'll admit it: i've actually even thought about which pans i will cook things in, so that i know how many/what sizes i need to borrow or pick up at goodwill.

this is so martha stewart, i'm scaring myself. luckily we will have a baby in less than 9 weeks, so i'll have something to distract me and prevent me from taking up table-setting as a hobby. therefore i'm pretty sure this is a one-time organizational event for me. join us next year for turkey [cold-cuts] and mashed potatoes [from KFC]. if you're lucky we'll have a pumpkin [Safeway] pie to top it off.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, November 10, 2007, Blogger Becky Rose said...

Hey! Sounds like you're way ahead of schedule (and I look forward to that Safeway pie next year). Oh and Mom put a link on her blog to mine, so check it out! You can give me pointers on my camera technique!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home