Thursday

study habits

i've got my study habits down to an art:

i get out of class, do work study, shower, eat applicable meal, talk to friends, check email, check blog, then with all distraction out of the way i collect my books for the next day. i then decide to use the restroom. while doing so, i decide to brush my teeth. while collecting my toothbrush from my room i see my cell phone and decide to check my messages. upon receiving messages from a multitude of old friends, i text message them. one or two of them immediately text back. the text conversation continues. now i need some tea, so off to the commons we go. while there i catch up with a few people i haven't talked to for some time. then i realize that it's PBJ time, so sandwich making ensues, after which i need to wash my hands. upon exiting the WC i check my mailbox, then realize i've left my books in the dorm. i walk up the hill to the dorm, and as i pass thru the dorm commons i get wrapped up the 24/7 girl party. eventually i obtain my books, just in time for "check my email to see if OT wrote anything" hour. the internet line is always long, then while online i also write to the fam or D. by this time it's almost curfew, so i need to get one last beverage from the commons. i get back to the dorm, say hi to the girls, then it's time for consecration. we chit-chat, raid our change jars for dorm-store money, and get yelled at at least 3 times for being too loud. we then start singing songs, so i run to my room to get my guitar, knocking on a few more doors on the way back. we all pack into a phone booth (so we don't wake everyone up) and sing folk songs for an hour or two, switching phone booths when people's boyfriends call. finally at 1am everyone else goes to bed, so i can finish my homework. well, finish starting it, that is.

6 Comments:

At Thursday, January 27, 2005, Blogger Prophet said...

wow. guys do almost the exact same thing... except i didn't have a cellphone.

 
At Thursday, January 27, 2005, Blogger Kitty said...

"i decide to brush my teeth. while collecting my toothbrush from my room i see my cell phone and decide to check my messages. upon receiving messages from a multitude of old friends, i text message them."
So, did you ever brush your teeth? It's just the Mom in me that forces me to check on these things. Kitty ;)

 
At Thursday, January 27, 2005, Blogger Maximilian said...

I'll miss you next semester


But hey, I did that all last year and i'm still here so who knows?

 
At Thursday, January 27, 2005, Blogger EnjoyTheSilence said...

So that sounds like an amazing way to do what I used to do. Most of the time I planned on spending studing was spent cleaning my room or playing Freecell... Same results...

 
At Thursday, January 27, 2005, Blogger clara said...

yes mom, i brush my teeth twice a day! no cavities either, OH YEAH!

 
At Friday, January 28, 2005, Blogger Kitty said...

Good girl and I'm sure you have beautiful pearly whites! Kitty ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home