Thursday

what do you mean, "when are we coming home?"

we ARE home!

i've been neglecting my photography, somewhat. here i am, finally a professional photographer (my dream since age 9), and i only bust out the camera about every other day. i frequently think to myself, "oh, i should take a picture." and then i lazily talk myself out of it, with some lame excuse about, "aww, it's probably too risky to show off my camera in this neighborhood anyway."

but today, walking down Vaci Utca (that's the name of a street), my husband gave me a wake-up call, saying, "we're going to have culture shock when we go back to the States." i had a 2nd wake-up call several hours later at a sweet bar/coffee shop.* some guy came in & started a slide show of pics from his recent trip to cuba. he had taken pics of everyday things: cars on the street, billboards, his hotel room, a guy's tattoo. but they were drastically different from everyday things here in Pest. and i realized: i NEED to take pictures NOW. now, while the strange and different things are still new to me. while photo ops are still obvious to me, rather than, "oh, it's the midget in front of the grocery store again." and, "that guy is fiddling in the metro tunnel today, too." soon everything will be commonplace. already the "at home" feeling is taking the itch out of my trigger, uh, shutter finger.

where's my film?! i've got to get on this! Operation Photograph Pest must begin!

*everything here is a bar. ie. bar/grocery store. bar/hostel. bar/gyros stand. bar/bakery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home