Tuesday

I LOVE MY PACK!!!

i bought the sweetest backpack yesterday!!! no, i'm serious. it is THE ALPHA PACK!!! it totally and completely rocks. i went to P-town Outdoors Store, expecting to spend around $400 but hoping not to spend over $200. now, mind you, this is after i was 45 min late for work this morning, then trimmed bushes in the pouring rain all day. not the best day ever (i did get 2 guys' phone numbers over lunch. too bad i knew both of them already. not in the biblical sense.). anyways. so i walked in with my buddy and started looking around, was approached by a long-haired, long-bearded, patchouli-smelling worker named Solomon who inquired whether he could assist me, and i then asked, "Um, yes. Could you please help me find the perfect pack?". And he did. he showed me several around $200 that were decent, THEN he showed me one with a type of frame that "they ran over with an F350 for three hours at 19 below and it was fine afterwards" and i knew i had encountered my soulmate. my friend L says, "Ooo, where do i apply for a job to do tests like that?!" i balked at first b/c it was $230. $30 will go a long way in europe. but i finally gave in and took it to the register. the rather larger man there, also long-haired and long-bearded, asked whether i had been a girl scout. my answer: Hell no, should i have been? well apparently they give a 10% discount to girl and boy scouts. my friend T is an eagle scout and he spoke up so we got the discount anyway, bringing the total to $207!!!! it is way, way sweet. life is good. no, life is way better than good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home