Thursday

staying at ridley's

Scene One:
where: kitchen, ridley's
when: one month ago
why: what does that have to do with anything?
what: get on with it, already.

me (at sink): OH, $#)7!!!

ridley (at table): You didn't!

me: I did.

Scene Two:
where: kitchen, ridley's
when: one month ago, minus 10 min.
how: ridley and i, both now at sink.

Silence.

[we stare simultaneously and mournfully at ALL of the spaghetti noodles which are now entwined with chunks of someone's omelette--and whatever else was in the drain--and floating in dirty dishwater.]

2 Comments:

At Saturday, November 27, 2004, Blogger Kitty said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Monday, November 29, 2004, Blogger Kitty said...

Sorry, I put part of my comment for another blog together so I'm redoing this one. It's just one of the many things that happen when you're over fifty.
But, at least you had the sauce!? I once threw a pot of spaghetti noodles and and sauce at and on the stove, the wall behind the stove and the floor, on purpose. I guess you could call it a big PMS moment. I then locked myself in our bedroom while the hubby and oldest of the the kiddos begged me to come out. When I finally opened the door, hubby tried to enter said room and I started throwing everything that wasn't tied down or too heavy at him. Eventually we made up, but I must say I felt really good for a little while. Throwing things around in a fit of anger was good for my soul at that moment. I don't get that mad as often anymore, but hubby is also careful about what he says or ask. 26th years of wedded bliss on Thanksgiving day . Kitty :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home