Tuesday

camping with a...teenager?!

i went camping this weekend. i randomly drove up and over Mt. H___ with two non-congruent friends of mine (non-congruent to one another, that is) and my dog. technically not MY dog, but i'm not worried about technicalities. she is a brilliant and beautiful australian shepherd. and she knows it. we drove around for a bit, then found The Spot. you know, perfect places for the tents, already has a fire ring, secluded, etc. well, the dog would not get out of the car. she got out briefly, got her feet dirty, and that was that. none of this Dirt shit. i was suddenly overcome with sympathy for my parents, and remorse for being that way when i was 13. for indeed, I was the one sitting in the car, "i don't know why we had to come here, this sucks, we have hot water/a roof/fun/other noun at home, why couldn't emily/marie/becky come with, etc., etc.". wow. after physically forcing the dog to abandon the car, we proceeded to enjoy the evening. after a time, tho, we noticed that the dog was now missing! we called her for several minutes, then she came sneakily slinking out of T.'s tent. his tent! HIS BLEEPING TENT!!!! she's a DOG!! disgusting. a canine valley girl. give me a pit bull any day.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 15, 2004, Blogger Kitty said...

The joys of camping. I love it and remember taking my girls backpacking and all the whining before we got there but they loved it and still talk about it. My dog on the other hand loves the forest, but I practically have to hold her hand so she can go outside at home and go potty. What a baby she is sometimes!
And I now have a blog so you can play Chim's game. Hope you win! Oh, maybe you need the name of the blog, it's Traces of Time. I'm so computer illiterate that I don't even know if it will show up when I post this.
I guess I'll find out. K:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home